February 2004 e-Newsletter
Voluntary Liquor Restrictions
The UCC has been working with Aldermen Shiller, Shulter and Smith and Liquor Commissioner Winston Mardis to remove from retail shelves the kinds of alcohol typically consumed in public.
We are very pleased to announce that consensus has been reached, and 28 license holders have voluntarily agreed to the following, effective March 1st:
- Single containers of malt liquor, regardless of size, will no longer be sold.
- Fortified wines in containers less than a fifth will no longer be sold.
- The minimum price (with taxes) that 40 oz. bottles of beer will be sold at is $3.
- The minimum price (with taxes) that other single containers of beer will be sold at is $2.
- The minimum price (with taxes) that half pints will be sold at is $3.50.
- The minimum price (with taxes) that pints will be sold at is $6.
UCC requests that area residents patronize the following establishments who have worked with the community to make Uptown a nicer community in which to live, work and visit:
- Abie's Food & Liquor, 4808 N. Broadway
- Ashtown, 4560 N. Broadway
- Asuza, 4400 N. Broadway
- Buy Low Liquors, 1628 W. Lawrence
- Buy Low Liquors, 5201 N. Clark
- Clarendon Food Mart, 4183-87 N. Clarendon
- Dominick's, 5235 N. Sheridan
- Foremost Liquors, 1040 W. Argyle
- Gold Metal Liquors, 3823 N. Broadway
- GNS Grocery, 4092 N. Broadway
- J.J. Peppers, 4800 N. Sheridan
- Lake View Foods, 4106 N. Sheridan
- La Primera, 5012-14 N. Clark
- Laurie's Pizzeria & Liquors, 5153 N. Broadway
- Manhattan, 4200 N. Broadway
- Market Place on Clark, 4610 N. Clark
- Montrose Liquors, 1532 W. Montrose
- Osco Drug, 3531 N. Broadway
- Osco Drug, 4355 N. Sheridan
- Osco Drug, 5345 N. Broadway
- Rayan's Liquor & Deli, 4553-59 N. Clark
- 7-11 Food Store, 1425 W. Montrose
- 7-11 Food Store, 3700 N. Broadway
- Sheridan Food & Liquors, 733 W. Sheridan
- Sheridan Park Food & Liquor, 1255 W. Wilson
- Tom's Food & Liquors, 4141 N. Sheridan
- Uptown Lounge, 1140 W. Lawrence
- White Hen Pantry, 4116 N. Clark